Hey Lemonade Pty Ltd (ACN 645 054 244) (Hey Lemonade, we, or us) takes the privacy of all its website and mobile software application (collectively Platform) users very seriously and takes great care to protect your information.
Please note, to the extent the Platform contains links to other websites which are provided for your convenience, we are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our Platform. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website or application that you visit or use.
What information do we collect?
In order to provide you with products, we collect personal information about you from our Platform, telephone conversations, e-mails and written and verbal communications.
We may, by way of example, collect your:
– e-mail address;
– telephone number;
– information you supply when submitting forms on our website; and
– any other information provided by you to us.
Sensitive information will only be used and disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected by us or for a directly related secondary purpose.
We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you or which we receive from other organisations.
How will we use your information?
We will primarily use your personal information to provide our Platform and services to you and, for example:
– to communicate with you;
– for record keeping purposes;
– to improve the quality of our service;
– for market research;
– to track activity on our Platform;
– to provide you with information about our business and services, including marketing or promotional material; and
– to conduct our business and provide customer support.
Disclosing your information
We usually collect personal information directly from you. You may provide those details when you make an enquiry with us by phone or email, when you complete a form on the Platform, when you interact with our social media pages or when you engage with us to provide you with our services. We may collect information when you contact us by any means.
In order to provide our services to you, we may need to appoint other organisations to carry out some of the processing activities on our behalf.
All third parties are given access to the information they need to perform their function but cannot use that information for other purposes. We may disclose personal information about you to:
– other organisations that we have affiliations with;
– promoters or sponsors of any competition conducted or promoted by us;
– specific third parties that you have authorised to receive information held by us;
– other third parties where necessary or desirable to provide you with our services;
– our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or external service providers for the operation of our website or business, fulfilling – – requests or responding to enquiries from you or providing services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems – – administrators, mailing houses, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators and professional advisors and consultants;
– any relevant authority or enforcement body where we reasonably believe that such disclosure is necessary to bring legal action against
– anyone who has breached our terms and conditions or have engaged in any unlawful activity;
– such entities that we propose to merge with or be acquired by; or
– any other person where otherwise required or permitted to by any law, including under the Privacy Act.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is only disclosed when reasonably necessary or otherwise where permitted under law.
Cookies and tracking technology
In common with many other website operators, we may use a standard technology called ‘cookies’ on site. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
Cookies that are used in any part of our website will not be utilised for collecting personally identifiable information and will only be used for internal management purposes.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent cookies being stored. Please note, if you do turn cookies off this will limit the service that we are able to provide to you.
Information about other people
If you provide information to us about a third party (such as your directors, employees or someone you have business dealing with) please make sure that you are allowed to give that information to us.
In any event, we will treat any personal information we received in accordance with this policy.
If you think that someone else may have provided personal information about you to us, then you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Security of information
We take the security of your personal information seriously.
We take a range of steps to ensure that this information is secure. These include:
– ensuring that the information we collect is stored in a secure environment and protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
– restricting access to your information to the employees, contractors and agents that require that information in order to provide you with our products or services; and
– backing up the information on a secure server.
Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
By accessing our website, you authorise and agree:
– that, while we will take reasonable steps to ensure that an Overseas Recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), Overseas Recipients are not bound by the APPs and subclause 8.1 of the APPs does not apply to the disclosure of your personal information to an Overseas Recipient; and
– that, if an Overseas Recipient handles your information in breach of the APPs, you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
We use your personal information to notify you of services that we are able to offer you from time to time.
You may opt out of receiving any publications, newsletter, or other marketing product at any time by following the opt out instructions in those messages.
From time to time we may change our security and privacy policies.
Updating and correcting information
You can contact us to update or correct your personal information by e-mailing us at email@example.com
Your right to access your personal information
You will need to prove your identity before we can grant you access. Note that access may be denied if one of the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act applies.
How to contact us
Privacy Officer –
PO Box 378
Potts Point NSW 1335